Opendialoguemediations is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its clients. I am the data controller and will use and store data only where necessary for the purposes of the mediation. Data will only be kept until such time as the mediation has been concluded or for up to two months after the mediation, if it appears likely that a follow on/up mediation session may be required and documents will need to retained to conclude the mediation.
Personal data is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. For the purposes of conducting the mediation, this could include:
• name, address, telephone number;
• additional information allowing us to verify your identity (including from third parties);
• information related to the matter you are asking me to mediate;
• your financial details only as far as they are relevant to the matter;
• employment status, medical records, membership of trade associations or similar bodies as far as they are relevant to the matter.
I may also collect information from public repositories e.g. Companies House, or from third parties with your permission.
I may also collect additional information through website cookies e.g. IP address.
Any information I collect will only be used:
• to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
• in conjunction with the dispute you are employing me to resolve and in so far as performance of our contract requires;
• for my legitimate interests or those of a third party;
• where you have given consent.
Where required, I may share your information with law enforcement agencies where necessary to fulfil my legal and regulatory obligations.
I cannot guarantee that your data will not be stored in or transferred outside of the British Isles or the EEA, but wherever possible I will look to ensure that wherever your data is stored it is in a jurisdiction with adequate data protection provision.
Know your data rights
They can be found on the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) here: https://ico.org.uk/.